Main outcome measure(s)
- Revised 2003 consensus on diagnostic criteria and long term heath risks related to polycystic ovary syndrome.Hum Reprod. 2004; 19: 41-47
- The ultrasound assessment of the polycystic ovary: international consensus definition.Hum Reprod Update. 2003; 9: 505-514
Adams J, Polson SW, Abdul Wahid N, Morris DV, Franks S, et al. Multifollicular ovaries: clinical and endocrine features and response to pulsatile gonadotrophin releasing hormone. Lancet 1985;1375–9.
- Polycystic ovaries—a common finding in normal women.Lancet. 1988; 1: 870-872
- How common are polycystic ovaries in normal women and what is their significance for the fertility of the population?.Clin Endocrinol. 1992; 37: 127-134
- Polycystic ovaries and associated clinical and biochemical features in young women.Clin Endocrinol. 1999; 51: 779-786
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: a changing perspective.Clin Endocrinol. 1989; 31: 87-8120
- Role of hyperinsulinaemia in the pathogenesis of polycystic ovary syndrome and its clinical implications.Semin Reprod Endocrinol. 1997; 15: 111-122
- A controlled study comparing patients with and without polycystic ovaries undergoing in vitro fertilization.Hum Reprod. 1993; 8: 233-237
- The diagnosis of polycystic ovaries by magnetic resonance imaging in patients presenting with polycystic ovary syndrome.Hum Reprod. 1991; 4: 468-472
- Polycystic ovary syndrome.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 853-861
- Ultrasound assessment of ovarian stroma hypertrophy in hyperandrogenism and ovulation disorders: visual analysis versus computerized qualification.Fertil Steril. 1995; 64: 307-312
- Polycystic ovaries are a common finding in untreated female to male transsexuals.Clin Endocrinol. 1993; 38: 325-329
- A higher rate of hyperandrogenic disorders in female-to-male transsexuals.Psychoneuroendocrinology. 1997; 22: 361-380
- Influence of serum luteinising hormone concentrations on ovulation, conception, and early pregnancy loss in polycystic ovary syndrome.BMJ. 1988; 297: 1024-1026
- Hypersecretion of luteinising hormone, infertility and miscarriage.Lancet. 1990; 336: 1141-1144
Fethers K, Mark C, Mindel A, Estcourt CS. Sexually transmitted infections and risk behaviors in women who have sex with women. Sex Transm Infect 2000;76:[email protected]
- Sexual differentiation of human brain and behavior.Horm Brain Behav. 2002; 4: 425-462
- Gender development.Cambridge University Press, New York1994
- Adult polycystic ovary syndrome begins in childhood.Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002; 16: 263-272
Liao LM. Sexuality development: psychological perspectives. In: Balen A, Creighton S, Davies M, MacDougall J, Stanhope R, eds. Multidisciplinary approach to paediatric and adolescent gynecology. Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press. BJU International 2004;93(5):659–64.
- Risk factors for coronary artery disease in lean and obese women with the polycystic ovary syndrome.Clin Endocrinol. 1992; 37: 119-125
- Polycystic ovary syndrome and risk of myocardial infarction.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1992; 71: 599-604
Legro RS, Kunselman AR, Dunaif A. Prevalence and predictors of dyslipidemia in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Am J Med 2001;111:607–13.
- High prevalence of polycystic ovaries and associated clinical, endocrine, and metabolic features in women with previous gestational diabetes mellitus.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998; 83: 1143-1150
- Prevalence and predictors of risk for type 2 diabetes mellitus and impaired glucose tolerance in polycystic ovary syndrome: a prospective, controlled study in 254 affected women.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999; 84: 165-169
- Cardiovascular disease in women with polycystic ovary syndrome at long-term follow-up: a retrospective cohort study.Clin Endocrinol. 2000; 52: 595-600
- Polycystic ovary syndrome and cancer.Hum Reprod Update. 2001; 7: 522-525
Supported by HCA Laboratories, London, United Kingdom, in the form of hormone profiling on women in the study.