Main Outcome Measure(s)
World Health Organization. Research on the menopause in the 1990s: report of a WHO scientific group. World Health Organization Technical Report Series No. 866, 1996.
- Mechanisms regulating the menstrual cycle in women.Recent Prog Horm Res. 1970; 26: 63-103
- Menopause and hypothalamic-pituitary sensitivity to estrogen.JAMA. 2004; 292: 2991-2996
- Design, survey, sampling and recruitment methods of SWAN: a multi-center, multi-ethnic, community-based cohort study of women and the menopausal transition.in: Lobo R.A. Kelsey J. Marcus R. Menopause: Biology and pathobiology. Academic Press, San Diego2000: 175-188
- Body size and ethnicity are associated with menstrual cycle alterations in women in the early menopausal transition: the Study of Women's Health across the Nation (SWAN) Daily Hormone Study.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004; 89: 2622-2631
- Assessing menstrual cycles with urinary hormone assays.Am J Physiol. 2003; 284: E521-E530
- Frequent intermittent ovarian function in women with premature menopause: a longitudinal study.Endocrine. 1993; 1: 467-474
- Identification of anovulation and transient luteal function using a urinary pregnanediol-3-glucuronide ratio algorithm.Environ Health Perspect. 1996; 104: 408-413
- Use of urine biomarkers to evaluate menstrual function in healthy premenopausal women.Am J Epidemiol. 1998; 147: 1071-1080
- Characteristics of the urinary luteinizing hormone surge in young ovulatory women.Fertil Steril. 2007; 88: 684-690
- Characterization of reproductive hormonal dynamics in the perimenopause.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1996; 81: 1495-1501
- Relation between plasma oestrone and oestradiol and climacteric symptoms.Lancet. 1978; 1: 678-681
- Perimenopause: the complex endocrinology of the menopausal transition.Endocrine Rev. 1998; 19: 397-428
- Gabapentin, estrogen and placebo for treating hot flushes.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 108: 41-48
- Vasomotor symptoms in menopause: physiologic condition and central nervous system approaches to treatment.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 196: 97-106
- Cortical activation during menopausal hot flashes.Fertil Steril. 2006; 85: 674-678
- Treatment of menopause-associated vasomotor symptoms: position statement of the North American Menopause Society.Menopause. 2004; 11: 11-33
- National Institutes of Health state-of-the-science conference statement: management of menopause-related symptoms.Ann Intern Med. 2005; 142: 1003-1013
J.H.S. has nothing to disclose. G.W. has nothing to disclose. L.T.G. has nothing to disclose. N.S. has nothing to disclose. S.C. has nothing to disclose.
The Study of Women's Health across the Nation (SWAN) has grant support from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Health and Human Services, through the National Institute on Aging, the National Institute of Nursing Research, and the NIH Office of Research on Women's Health (grant nos. NR004061, AG012505, AG012535, AG012531, AG012539, AG012546, AG012553, AG012554, and AG012495).