Main Outcome Measure(s)
Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc. Mirena prescribing information. 2013. Available at: http://labeling.bayerhealthcare.com/html/products/pi/Mirena_PI.pdf. Accessed March 25, 2013.
- Ovarian function in amenorrheic and menstruating users of a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine device.Fertil Steril. 1984; 41: 52-55
Scholten PC. Thesis. The Levonorgestrel IUD: clinical performance and impact on menstruation. Utrecht: University Hospital, 1989.
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies of levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine device.Contraception. 1990; 41: 353-362
Population Council. Jadelle (levonorgestrel implant) prescribing information. 2002. Available at: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2002/20544se2-003_jadelle_lbl.pdf. Accessed February 8, 2013.
Bayer. Norgeston summary of product characteristics. 2012. Available at: http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/1834. Accessed April 18, 2013.
Berlex Laboratories. Levlite physician label. 2001. Available at: http://www.berlex.com/html/products/pi/levlite_pi.pdf. Accessed April 18, 2013.
- Levonorgestrel-releasing and copper-releasing (Nova T) IUDs during five years of use: a randomized comparative trial.Contraception. 1994; 49: 56-72
- A randomized, phase II study describing the efficacy, bleeding profile, and safety of two low-dose levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine contraceptive systems and Mirena.Fertil Steril. 2012; 97: 616-622
- Two low-dose levonorgestrel intrauterine contraceptive systems: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 1205-1213
Bayer Group. Mirena product information. 2013. Available at: http://labeling.bayerhealthcare.com/html/products/pi/Mirena_PI.pdf. Accessed October 18, 2013.
- Single luteal phase serum progesterone assay as an indicator of ovulation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1972; 112: 1043-1046
- Comparison of serum progesterone and endometrial biopsy for confirmation of ovulation and evaluation of luteal function.Fertil Steril. 1977; 28: 541-548
- The cervical score. A simple semiquantitative method for monitoring of the menstrual cycle.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 1972; 10: 223-228
Bayer Pharma AG. Mirena product monograph. Berlin, Germany: Bayer Pharma AG, 2012.
- A pharmacokinetic study with a low-dose oral contraceptive containing 20 microg ethinylestradiol plus 100 microg levonorgestrel.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2002; 7: 79-90
- Levonorgestrel. Clinical pharmacokinetics.Clin Pharmacokinet. 1995; 28: 203-215
- Prospective study of the forearm bone mineral density of long-term users of the levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system.Hum Reprod. 2010; 25: 1158-1164
- Ovarian function during use of a levonorgestrel-releasing IUD.Contraception. 1990; 42: 51-66
- Effects of various IUDs on the composition of cervical mucus.Contraception. 1991; 43: 447-458
- Effects of the levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system on cervical mucus quality and sperm penetrability.Contraception. 2010; 82: 491-496
- Progestin receptor isoforms and prostaglandin dehydrogenase in the endometrium of women using a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system.Hum Reprod. 1998; 13: 1210-1217
- The effect of a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine device on human endometrial oestrogen and progesterone receptors after one year of use.Hum Reprod. 1999; 14: 970-975
- Endometrial morphology during long-term use of levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine devices.Int J Gynecol Pathol. 1986; 5: 235-241
D.A. serves on advisory boards and has received financial support to undertake research studies and to speak at educational meetings and conferences from Bayer HealthCare, Merck/MSD, and GSK. K.G.-D. serves on advisory boards and has received financial support to undertake research studies and to speak at educational meetings and conferences from Bayer HealthCare, Merck/MSD, Exelgyn, HRA-Pharma, and Gedeon Richter, and is a member of the Global Mirena Advisory Board. B.H. serves on advisory boards and has received financial support to undertake research studies and to speak at educational meetings and conferences from Bayer HealthCare, Merck/MSD, Pfizer, and Novo-Nordisk. K.R. is a full-time employee of Bayer HealthCare. C.Z. is a full-time employee of Bayer HealthCare and owns shares in the company.