- WHO Timeline—COVID-19.(Available at:)https://www.who.int/news/item/27-04-2020-who-timeline---covid-19Date: April 27, 2020
- SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence among parturient women in Philadelphia.Sci Immunol. 2020; 5eabd5709
LaCourse SM, Kachikis A, Blain M, Simmons LE, Mays JA, Pattison AD, et al. Low prevalence of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 among pregnant and postpartum patients with universal screening in Seattle, Washington. Clin Infect Dis. Published online May 30, 2020.
- Risk factors for SARS-CoV2 infection in pregnant women.Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM. 2020; 2100198
- Symptoms and critical illness among obstetric patients with coronavirus disease.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 136: 291-299
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection during pregnancy: a report of 5 cases from Saudi Arabia.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 63: 951-953
- Pandemic 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus illness among pregnant women in the United States.JAMA. 2020; 303: 1517-1525
- Severe coronavirus infections in pregnancy: a systematic review.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 136: 262-272
- Report of the WHO-China Joint Mission on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).(Available at:)https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/report-of-the-who-china-joint-mission-on-coronavirus-disease-2019-(covid-19)Date: February 28, 2020
- Clinical characteristics and outcomes of childbearing-age women with COVID-19 in Wuhan: retrospective, single-center study.J Med Internet Res. 2020; 22e19642
- Clinical characteristics of pregnant women with coronavirus disease 2019 in Wuhan, China.Open Forum Infect Dis. 2020; 7: ofaa294
- Coronavirus disease 2019 in pregnancy.Int J Infect Dis. 2020; 95: 376-383
- Clinical characteristics and laboratory results of pregnant women with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2020; 150: 312-317
- Clinico-radiological features and outcomes in pregnant women with COVID-19 pneumonia compared with age-matched nonpregnant women.Infect Drug Resist. 2020; 13: 2845-2854
- Characteristics and outcomes of 241 births to women with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection at five New York City medical centers.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 136: 273-282
- Clinical characteristics of 46 pregnant women with a severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 infection in Washington State.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 223: 911.e1-911.e14
- Coronavirus disease 2019 infection among asymptomatic and symptomatic pregnant women: two weeks of confirmed presentations to an affiliated pair of New York City hospitals.Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM. 2020; 2: 100118
- Public Health Agency of Sweden’s brief report: pregnant and postpartum women with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 infection in intensive care in Sweden.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2020; 99: 819-822
- Are clinical outcomes worse for pregnant women at ≥20 weeks’ gestation infected with coronavirus disease 2019? A multicenter case-control study with propensity score matching.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 223: 764-768
- Characteristics of women of reproductive age with laboratory-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection by pregnancy status—United States, January 22–June 7, 2020.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020; 69: 769-775
- Characteristics of women of reproductive age with laboratory-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection by pregnancy status—United States, January 22–October 3, 2020.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020; 69: 1641-1647
- Clinical presentation of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in pregnant and recently pregnant people.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 136: 1117-1125
- Clinical manifestations, risk factors, and maternal and perinatal outcomes of coronavirus disease 2019 in pregnancy: living systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2020; 370: m3320
Delahoy MJ, Whitaker M, O’Halloran A, Chai SJ, Kirley PD, Alden N, et al. Characteristics and maternal and birth outcomes of hospitalized pregnant women with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19—COVID-NET, 13 states, March 1–August 22, 2020. 2020;69:1347–1354.
- Characteristics and outcomes of pregnant women admitted to hospital with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection in UK: national population based cohort study.BMJ. 2020; 369: m2107
Rana MS, Usman M, Alam MM, Khalid A, Ikram A, Salman M, et al. First trimester miscarriage in a pregnant woman infected with COVID-19 in Pakistan. J Infect. Published online September 4, 2020.
DiMascio D. Maternal and perinatal outcomes of pregnant women with SARS-COV-2 infection. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. Published online September 14, 2020.
- The “scar” of a pandemic: cumulative incidence of COVID-19 during the first trimester of pregnancy.J Med Virol. 2021; 93: 537-540
Cosma S, Carosso AR, Cusato J, Borella F, Carosso M, Bovetti M, et al. Coronavirus disease 2019 and first- trimester spontaneous abortion: a case- control study of 225 pregnant patients. Am J Obstet Gynecol. Published online October 7, 2020.
- Association of SARS-CoV-2 test status and pregnancy outcomes.JAMA. 2020; 324: 1782-1785
- Pregnancy and postpartum outcomes in a universally tested population for SARS-CoV-2 in New York City: a prospective cohort study.BJOG. 2020; 127: 1548-1556
- SARS-CoV-2 infection among hospitalized pregnant women: reasons for admission and pregnancy characteristics—eight U.S. health care centers.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020; 69: 1355-1359
- Birth and infant outcomes following laboratory-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection in pregnancy—SET-NET, 16 jurisdictions, March 29–October 14, 2020.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020; 69: 1635-1640
Flaherman VJ, Afshar Y, Boscardin J, Keller RL, Mardy A, Prahl MK, et al. Infant outcomes following maternal infection with SARS-CoV-2: first report from the Pregnancy Coronavirus Outcomes Registry (PRIORITY) study. Clin Infect Dis. Published online September 18, 2020.
- Classification system and case definition for SARS-CoV-2 infection in pregnant women, fetuses, and neonates.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2020; 99: 565-568
- Confirming vertical fetal infection with COVID-19: neonatal and pathology criteria for early onset and transplacental transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from infected pregnant mothers.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2020; 144: 1451-1456
- Vertical transmission of SARS-CoV-2: what is the optimal definition?.Am J Perinatol. 2020; 37: 769-772
- Severe COVID-19 during pregnancy and possible vertical transmission.Am J Perinatol. 2020; 37: 861-865
- Probable congenital SARS-CoV-2 infection in a neonate born to a woman with active SARS-CoV-2 infection.Can Med Assoc J. 2020; 192: E647-E650
von Kohorn I, Stein SR, Shikani BT, Ramos-Benitez MJ, Vannella KM, Hewitt SM, et al. In utero SARS-CoV-2 infection. J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc. Published online October 22, 2020.
- Transplacental transmission of SARS-CoV-2 infection.Nat Commun. 2020; 11: 3572
- Sociodemographic predictors of SARS-CoV-2 infection in obstetric patients, Georgia, USA.Emerg Infect Dis. 2020; 26: 2787-2789
- Influence of race and ethnicity on severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection rates and clinical outcomes in pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 136: 1040-1043
- Clinical characteristics and risk factors for mortality in obstetric patients with severe COVID-19 in Brazil: a surveillance database analysis.BJOG. 2020; 127: 1618-1626
- Pregnancy-related mortality in the United States 2011–2013.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130: 366-373
- Data brief: trends in infant mortality in the United States, 2005–2014.(Available at:)
- Danish premature birth rates during the COVID-19 lockdown.Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2020; 106: 93-95
- Impact of COVID-19 mitigation measures on the incidence of preterm birth: a national quasi-experimental study.Lancet Public Health. 2020; 5: e604-e611
- Unprecedented reduction in births of very low birthweight (VLBW) and extremely low birthweight (ELBW) infants during the COVID-19 lockdown in Ireland: a “natural experiment” allowing analysis of data from the prior two decades.BMJ Glob Heath. 2020; 5e003075
- Change in the incidence of stillbirth and preterm delivery during the COVID-19 pandemic.JAMA. 2020; 324: 705-706
- Effect of the COVID-19 pandemic response on intrapartum care, stillbirth, and neonatal mortality outcomes in Nepal: a prospective observational study.Lancet Glob Health. 2020; 8: e1273-e1281
- Perinatal depressive and anxiety symptoms of pregnant women during the coronavirus disease 2019 outbreak in China.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 223: 240.e1-240.e9
- Vulnerability and resilience to pandemic-related stress among U.S. women pregnant at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.Soc Sci Med. 2020; 266: 113348
- Near-term pregnant women’s attitude toward, concern about and knowledge of the COVID-19 pandemic.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2020; 33: 3827-3834
- Opportunities and challenges of delivering postabortion care and postpartum family planning during the COVID-19 pandemic.Glob Health Sci Pract. 2020; 8: 335-343
Ozalp M, Demir O, Akbas H, Kaya E, Celik C, Osmanagaoglu MA. Effect of COVID-19 pandemic process on prenatal diagnostic procedures. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. Published online September 1, 2020.
- COVID-19 outbreak and decreased hospitalisation of pregnant women in labour.Lancet Glob Health. 2020; 8: e1116-e1117
- Lockdown with a price: the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on prenatal care and perinatal outcomes in a tertiary care center.Isr Med Assoc J. 2020; 9: 467-471
- Effect of delayed obstetric labor care during the COVID-19 pandemic on perinatal outcomes.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2020; 151: 287-289
- Randomized comparison of a reduced-visit prenatal care model enhanced with remote monitoring.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 221: 638.e1-638.e8
- Prenatal care redesign: creating flexible maternity care models through virtual care.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 223: 389.e1-389.e10
- A systematic review of treatment and outcomes of pregnant women with COVID-19—a call for clinical trials.Open Forum Infect Dis. 2020; 7 (ofaa350)
- Sensible medicine—balancing intervention and inaction during the COVID-19 pandemic.JAMA. 2020; 324: 1827-1828
- Respiratory parameters in patients with COVID-19 after using noninvasive ventilation in the prone position outside the intensive care unit.JAMA. 2020; 323: 2338-2340
- Prone positioning in awake, nonintubated patients with COVID-19 hypoxemic respiratory failure.JAMA Intern Med. 2020; 180: 1537-1539
- Prone positioning for pregnant women with hypoxemia due to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 136: 259-261
- Tocilizumab and remdesivir in a pregnant patient with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 136: 1025-1029
Burwick RM, Yawetz S, Stephenson KE, Collier A-RY, Sen P, Blackburn BG, et al. Compassionate use of remdesivir in pregnant women with severe COVID-19. Clin Infect Dis. Published online October 8, 2020.
- Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Ethical and Legal Issues Relating to the Inclusion of Women in Clinical Studies Mastroianni A.C. Faden R. Federman D. Women and health research: ethical and legal issues of including women in clinical studies. National Academies Press (US), Washington, DC1994
- Pregnant women & vaccines against emerging epidemic threats: ethics guidance for preparedness, research, and response.Vaccine. 2021; 39: 85-120
N.T.J. has nothing to disclose. S.A.R. has nothing to disclose. D.J.J. has nothing to disclose.